Monday, April 05, 2010

One Saturday Morning

Ah, my old friend, the overhead projector.  The precursor to the video projector.  In church basement closets everywhere.

And advantage #73 of being married to an STP--easy access to the overhead projector.




The STP brought it home for me and I set it on a chair in the big room.  (Have I ever mentioned I painted three chairs Indian Gem?) And I projected my homemade custom overhead on the wall.







And I transferred the image to the wall by tracing with a pencil.  And another pencil.   And another pencil.  And then I resharpened my pencils and traced some more.

And then I painted with my Baker's Chocolate paint.  It was like a paint-by-number--with only one number.

And what I ended up with was two western pine trees silhouetted on the Fall Leaf big room wall.
Another Ta Da!  Big Reveal moment.

Overhead projector         no charge
Leftover brown paint       no charge
Pencils, sponge brush      no charge
Custom wall art               Okay, it's no David Bromstad, but I'm happy with it.

And I still have a little paint left in my quart can of Baker's Chocolate...  And that window I salvaged/rescued from the Shell Community Center...

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

I love it Miss Brenda!!

nancyann said...

That is awesome....
You must come and help Sarah finish her bedroom. I have my own overhead projecter so you can travel light. love you

Abi said...

they remind me of the wall vinyl thingies.. they look great!