Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not There Yet

I slept over at the hospital last night.  I packed my regular toothbrush, instead of my spinning electric one that I have to use because I brush too hard. I've stopped flossing multiple times a day.  I figured I could use a regular toothbrush if I just remembered to brush lightly.  After all, it is a soft toothbrush. So this morning while I was brushing my teeth, I was thinking about how well I was doing.  I thought maybe I would not have to pack my electric toothbrush for my week vacation to the Grand Canyon.  I thought about my gum surgeries and how I was never going to do that again.  I wondered if the Goob brushed his teeth today.  Or last night.  I wondered if it was too early to call the STP and see how he slept and tell him about my toothbrush and that I loved him.   And when I was done thinking and brushing, my gums were bleeding. 
Perhaps overzelaous teethbrushing is like an addiction I may never get completely over. 
Hi, I'm Brenda, and I'm an overzealous tooth brusher.

1 comment:

Abi said...

perhaps with more concentration on the teethbrushing and less on recapping your day you can over come the addiction. Maybe it's not that you concentrate too much on the teeth but that you concentrate too little... All 4 of us brushed our teeth today :D