Sunday, April 25, 2010

Track Update


The Goob is out for track again this year.  You may recall that last year was a painfully long and whining season.  This year he is again on the team under duress, but we negotiated a no whining clause into his contract before the season began.   (Plus the weather has been more outdoor friendly.) 
So here he is throwing the discus.  (Notice his shoes do not velcro this year.)
 
And here he is running the first leg of the 800 medley relay.  (Notice there are other runners in the same picture.)  Because these events have not been run in fifteen years, there is a possiblility that school records were set yesterday.  How ironic would it be if the Goob ends up in the record books?  Oh, really ironic.  Only one more month of middle school.  I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.


1 comment:

Abi said...

I had a moment of 'Oh My' when I realized the picture of the 'track kid' was not stock footage but in fact of AlMeade himself :) way to go!... perhaps they set the record in awkward short length...