Friday, April 30, 2010

The Golb Yawaevig or Is Everything Just a Little Backwards?

Got my own copy of the Square Foot Garden book in the mail today.  (From my favorite sister.)  Went to the Dodge City Co-op to get my ingredients for the mix for in my raised bed.  Bought peat moss and some starter compost and discussed vermiculite with the co-op guy.  This is my second attempt to buy vermiculite from the Co-op.  The Co-op Guy is not a fan of vermiculite.  I wasn't asking him to marry 4 cubic feet of vermiculite.  Or even use vermiculite in his garden.  I just wanted him to sell me some.  Evidently, he doesn't have any to sell.  But he will get some.  He will not, however, commit to when he will get some.  I told him my garden is behind.  He says his garden is behind too.  Says his windowsills are covered with plants.  Plants?  I don't even have any dirt.  I think I win the behinder prize. 
It was 30 degrees, 60 mph winds, and snowing here in Dodge City today.  Glad I didn't have any plants in my garden to freeze, or any dirt to blow away.  Thanks Co-op guy. 

No comments: