Tuesday, January 25, 2011

At My Door

Yesterday my doorbell rang.  The SLD barked. And a cute little girl peeked in the window.  Could it be?  Girls Scouts at my door? 
This is the first year since we moved that there have been Girl Scouts in Dodge City. I have been looking forward to the cookie sale since I first heard the news.  I have already filled in four order forms at Dodge City Federal.  But Girl Scouts at the door.  Irresistable.  I invited them in.  I was enthusiastic.  I thanked them for coming.  I treated them like rock stars.  I even asked if I could take their picture.  In fact, I may have exhibited all of the behaviors they warned them about in 'door-to-door selling'. 
There are only 10 Girls Scouts in Dodge City.  So far I have ordered cookies from 60% of them. 
Just doing my part.  

3 comments:

Abi said...

You make me giggle. Thanks. And will ya order me some cookies too? :)

nancyann said...

I have never had a girl scout come to my door. You are so blessed.

the indiansandpirates said...

You can send the other 40% our way - all of the Girl Scouts that we counted on have now grown up...