Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Kiwi Cooking Fool

Our last bountiful basket came with an abundance of kiwis.  The men who live in my house decided that they didn't just want to eat the kiwis, they wanted to make something with kiwis.  So they googled kiwi recipes and printed three of their favorites.  And they gave me the recipes.  You already know how the fish turned out.  This is the dessert recipe.  I actually had everything in the house that I needed except the sour cream (and the garnish which I chose to omit).
The problem was not in the ingredients  It was with the preparation.
Which, as you can see had a few more than three steps.  It involved a sauce pan, and dividing and reserving.  And I lost count of how many times it requested a separate bowl. When I was done this is what I had:  
And a lovely kiwi cranberry fool dessert which looked like this:
I passed the recipe on to a friend who has not used up her kiwis yet.  I don't think I will be needing this recipe again.  Too labor intensive for me.
After dinner the STP inquired about the third recipe.  Sadly, I had to inform him I was out of kiwis.
  

1 comment:

Abi said...

looks yummy mama, but I'm with you desserts should have no more than 3 steps. dump-mix-enjoy :)