Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Bottom of the Basket

I spent the last two days sorting through papers from 2010 and getting my files ready for 2011. Just when I thought I was done (and declared just that) the STP asked if I had cleaned out the yellow basket.  The yellow basket stays under the temporary table in the dining room.  I put important things in there that I don't know what else to do with.  And when company is coming for dinner and we need the whole table for the meal, I scoop the pile of papers off the table and put it in the basket with a promise to deal with it later.  Yesterday was later.  I emptied that basket and sorted it into piles on the big room floor. And then I dealt with most of it.  (There were just a few things I still had no idea what to do with so I put them back in the basket.) 
In the basket there were three lists of goals and things to do this year.  Every list had 'sort and organize photos' or some variant thereof.  Every list has 'eat healthy' and 'lose weight'.  Even though they are not dated I can put them in order by the amount of weight I was going to lose. 
So far this year I have lost 0.5 pounds.  I guess I need to pick up the pace.
Never give up.  Never surrender.

No comments: