Saturday, January 15, 2011

What You Already Are

The Princess made a series of lists this week.  Including this one of what she wants to be.  What she might not know is that I've made a few lists of my own on this same subject. 









Here is a list of what I wanted her to be. I have a list like this for each of her sisters as well.  Each list is a little different.  Adjusted for each of their little individual personalities.  A list of what I, as their mother,wanted them to be.







Along with each trait, I have listed a corresponding Bible verse. 











 The Queen of Queens discovered my list and edited it for me.  (She has been making her own lists since she only knew seven letters of the alphabet.)
 I have had these lists in the same notebook for over twenty years. (Most recently it was in the yellow basket in the dining room.)  I never stopped wanting the best for my girls.  But I wasn't always as intentional as I wanted to be in moving them in the right direction.  But this week, when I looked over each of the lists I had made for them so many years ago, I realized that they already are these things.  I can't think of anyone more compassionate than the Princess.  Or any one more generous than the Queen.  Or anyone more unselfish than Amidala.  So while the big goal was to grow them up and move them out, and it seems like we focused a lot of time and energy on learning to do things, it is encouraging to see who they became.  And I love who they are.

2 comments:

awa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
awa said...

great mother.. every mom wants the best for their children.. hope one days if am b a mother.. am b like u.. loves my children most.. great mother comes from a great women.. n that id u are.. thanks cause b a mom..