Sunday, January 23, 2011

One 24th

Also on the list for this year is to 'read two books a month'.  For January I am finishing two books I had already started.  Today I finished "Death in Yellowstone."  I've been reading it since the Fall of 2009.  I borrowed it back then.  I will return it this week.  Kind of embarrassed how long it has taken me.  Kind of glad I finished it. 
The other book is "Wild Goose Chase."  I believe I will finish it this week.  Two of the things Mark Batterson maintains is that it should not be my goal to arrive at death as healthy as possible and that Jesus did not die to make me boring.  A lot of thinking about death here.  And about how I fill my time between now and death. 
Next month maybe I will read somthing less deep.  Like a trashy romance novel.  
And avoid being eaten by bears.
It's important to set achievable goals.

No comments: