Sunday, November 12, 2017

God Loves You, but I'm His Favorite

Started a stretch of nine days off today.   At the end of day one the house is not cleaned and the laundry is not done.  But the STP and I picked up some wood at the Dodge City Building Center and if well begun is half done, then that project is well....begun. 
We borrowed a truck to haul the wood because the STP's truck was too small for the job.  Oh, yeah.  The DCBC owner helped load the wood, and put it on our tab.  The building center is like my Cheers.  Where they know my name and I'm always glad I came.  I am favored to live essentially across the street from the DCBC.  And to have a generous friend with a big truck.  And to be trusted enough to have a tab at the DCBC. 
Teaser:  The word HUGE is in the title of the plans for the new project.  My plan is to paint it red. 
Did a little baking this morning.  Thankful for Krusteaz gluten free/dairy free brownie mix and I was favored this morning to find two rotten bananas on the kitchen counter.  Just squeezed them out of their greasy black peels and turned them into a dozen gluten free/dairy free muffins. 
Thankful we are not really being dairy free until next week.  Made a pizza for supper to try and use up the cheese in the fridge.  Thankful an abundance of cheese covers a multitude of gluten free pizza crust.  I will miss pizza when we go dairy free.  Guess I will just have to eat more brownies.

3 comments:

Abi said...

Why are you going dairy-free? cutting gluten wasn't enough of a challenge?

Miss Brenda said...

Abi--See the blog entry fron November 9th, aptly titled "Missing One Dy and Catching Up."

Amanda said...

I am SO excited for your new project!!!!