Thursday, November 02, 2017

It's November

Let's be thankful, shall we?
The Goob observed once that life is unfair.  And that it is never unfair in your favor.
And it certainly seems that way.
So this November I will try to notice the times that things are unfair in my favor.  That is, I will notice when God shows me favor, and I will be thankful.
Today I am thankful that my car ran.  That I had the time, money and ability to fill the gas tank.  That I did not hit the doe or her two fawns that crossed the road in front of me before sunrise.  As always when the temperature plummets and the first slushy snowflakes of the season hit the windshield I am thankful for heated seats. 
I am thankful that I did not run out of candy for trick or treaters last evening.  I am thankful for young families who brought their little ones to our front door to get candy from 'the candy man'.  I am thankful for kisses and sour patch kids delivered to our front door from the little spider fairy who lives in the house next door. 
I am thankful to be married to 'the candy man'.  A generous, honest, kind and patient man who loves me when I am positively unlovable. 
Today life was definately unfair--in my favor.

No comments: