Sunday, November 19, 2017

Hoping for Favorable Outcomes

Home after a few days away.  Nine days off that flew by and seem like a short eternity.  Back to work tomorrow morning.  This has been day one of gluten/dairy free.  The STP, who has been gluten free since before it was cool, is eliminating dairy for a month to see if it will clear up some symptoms he has been suffering with.  I, the good wife, am going gluten and dairy free for the month in support of him.  The joy is that starting today we can complete a month before Christmas.  Honestly, I can taste those Christmas morning sweet rolls.  The STP unfortunately will still be gluten free regardless of the dairy experiment.  I'm sorry for that, but not sorry enough to eat gluten free sweet rolls.  Not sure what I'd like the outcome of the elimination month to be.  So I am choosing not to think about it.  Just do it.  I've lasted one day.  Only 30 to go.
Favored today that I have to spend more time thinking about things I have that I can't eat, instead of thinking about things I don't have to eat. 
Favored that I have plenty to do this month to keep my mind off of cheese.
Favored that I have located several GF/DF recipes to make Thanksgiving food.  Maybe lemon bars will be the new pumpkin pie.
Looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving. 
A picture of me in Colorado with a little pot.  Because that's legal there.

No comments: