Sunday, November 05, 2017

What Happened to You?

Today was Sunday.  Like most Sundays I spent the morning at church.  Singing, praying, sharing, listening to the STP.  Worship.  And then, because it was the first Sunday of the month, I stayed to eat lunch with my fellow worshipers.  My church family.  And this evening I'm trying to even imagine a mass shooting in that scenario.  And I want more facts.  And less opinions.  Because this hits close to home for me.  And I want to know about the shooter.  And I want to scream "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"  But because I spend every Sunday in church, and because I listen to the STP, I know the better question is "What happened to you?" 
So today I offer prayers for the Sutherland Springs community.  For the Pastor of the Sutherland First Baptist Church.  And his wife. And their family.  And the shooter's family.
And I am very aware and thankful today for God's favor on me.  On the STP.  On my family.  On my church family. 

No comments: