Thursday, April 21, 2011

Always a Padawan, Never a Jedi

Just wanted to remember that line.  Someday I will use it.  (I can't think when it will ever be appropriate, but if it ever is, I'll be ready.  I hope Uncle M will be in the room if/when the time comes.)
Speaking of Star War references, I was thinking that when the disciples took the donkey colt for Jesus to ride into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday it must have been kind of a jedi moment. 
"The Lord has need of it." 
Say it with the same intonation as "These are not the droids you are looking for." 
And wave your hands around like you are some kind of jedi. 
Now imagine it being followed by "You want to go home and rethink your life."
Now there's some advice for Holy Week. 
Besides staying home and rethinking our lives we will be coloring eggs, baking ham, and celebrating the Goob's birthday with a bunny cake. 

No comments: