Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Resign Yourself to This

I don't work at Dodge City Federal Savings and Loan any more.  My banking career came to an end last Friday.  So you will have to look for a new source of state quarters and financial advice and information.  (The other day I saw Glenn Beck was talking about The Bailey Bros. Savings and Loan and Mr. Potter.  Scary, huh?)  And I had to turn in my key to the bank along with my resignation. So as my last hurrah as a 'teller' here a few things I'd like to 'tell' you:
1.If you don't know the teller, the teller probably doesn't know you.  No matter how long you've had an account at the Savings and Loan.  Just show your ID without whining and sighing.
2.The teller does not have your account number memorized.  If she has to look it up, your transaction will take longer.  This is your fault, not hers.
3.The drive through is meant for you to drive through.  Not to park in and talk on your cellphone. 
4.The teller can not read your mind through the pneumatic tube. If you want to deposit the check, you will have to mention that. And it would be helpful if you had your account number.
5.The way to get money out of your checking account is to write a check.  Why is this difficult?
6.If you don't have money in the bank to cover your check, your check will be non-sufficient.  There is a charge for this.  The charge is going up.  The teller does not set the fees.  She does not pocket them.
7.Tellers do not make a lot of money.  Their wardrobe is deceiving.
Just telling like it is...
Hope I remember these things when I go to do my banking this week.

No comments: