Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Bunny, the Bunny, Oh I Love the Bunny

The bunny cake is a good indicator in our house of how much you are loved.  I didn't know this until the Goob pointed it out in a self-pity fit several years ago.  But evidently it is the kind of thing children keep track of.  In the same category and inversely proportional to who always gets the chipped plate.  As the mom, I never even knew there was a chipped plate, and I truly never kept track of who got a bunny cake for their birthday. This year the Goob's birthday coincided with Easter Sunday.  So I made him a bunny cake.  A bunny cake with peanut butter icing.  Just so there isn't any doubt as to which of my children living at home I love the most.




Although, I don't think the bunny cake was designed to be a birthday cake for 15 year olds.  In one quick slice the very cute bunny evolved into a scary rabid pac-man rabbit (with jelly bean fangs).
And before you could say, "Make a wish" it had become a fire-breathing rabid rabbit.
The Goob is now old enough to get his driving permit.  The next time the Goob's birthday and Easter fall on the same day will be in the year 2095.  The Goob will be 99 years old.  Will he still have his driver's license?  Hopefully he will have someone who loves him enough to make him a bunny cake.  And help him blow out the candles.
Love you, Goob.  Happy Birthday!