Monday, April 11, 2011

To Everything (Turn! Turn! Turn!)

Just finished reading "The Four Seasons" by Mary Alice Monroe.  I did not enjoy it as much as her fly fishing love story of  "Time is a River".  Maybe because it billed itself as 'a moving novel about the special friendship between sisters', I expected that I might relate to a story about 4 sisters.  But it was a stretch.  Because none of my sisters are dead.  And I am not a European supermodel.  We didn't nearly drown my baby sister when I was 13(although I once almost let my baby brother get run over by a car...but this isn't about my confessions).  None of my sisters has an illegitimate child that our mother forbade us to talk about.  And none of my children were fathered by any of my sister's husbands. 
Unless we are better at keeping family secrets than I ever imagined.

That's 7/24, for those who are counting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why would you like let your baybe bro get ran over by a car?!