Sunday, December 08, 2013

Cookie #5

Thumbprint cookies:  Buttery shortbreadish cookies with thumbprint indentation filled with your favorite jam.

But what if I have three favorite jams?
Homemade sweet cherry, apricot, and peach.

Recipe I used:  This one from Martha Stewart.   Because, say what you will about Martha Stewart, she has a good thumbprint
cookie recipe.

Why I made them:   I saw a picture of them in a magazine.  That's all it took.

I used my food processor to process the almonds.
And my mixer with the wisk attachment to froth the eggwhites.

After I read the comments, I divided my dough into thirds, and then each third into half.
Then each half third into sixths.
So I got three dozen cookies from the recipe.  Just like Martha said.
Rolled little balls, dipped in eggwhites, and rolled in almonds.
Used my thumb to make the indentations, cause I don't have a wooden spoon, and because they are called thumbprint cookies after all.
I baked them 10 minutes before I indented them again and filled them with jam.  Because I was committed to following the recipe.  
I think I may have overfilled them, but it didn't seem to make a big difference in the end product.

How they turned out:  Wonderful two bite bits of yum.  I like these because they were small and could be baked on just two cookie sheets.  I would make these again.
Who ate them:  Not the Goob (nuts)
Not the STP  (wheat flour)
Me.
The Goob's Science teacher.
Me.
The people I cut up pigs with.

No comments: