Sunday, December 22, 2013

While I Was in the Kitchen...

Crazy Crunch--caramel covered popcorn.  With nuts.

Why I made it--saw the recipe in my recipe box.  Brought home a bag of leftover popcorn from movie night at AWANA.

Recipe I used--the one in the recipe box.  This is not a Christmas recipe.  It is a summer recipe.  It tastes like camping.  Or a picnic at Lakemont Park.  It invokes memories of riding the Scrambler with Uncle Bob.  Which, before you understood centrifugal force and the disadvantage of the outside position, was a crazy crunch experience of its own.

I only made a half a batch.  Drizzled half of it with chocolate. And gave half of that away.
How it turned out:  Wicked awesome.  The perfect blend of sweet, buttery, crunchy, stick your teeth together goodness.
Sorry if you didn't get any.  Remind me next summer and I will make some more.

No comments: