Sunday, December 22, 2013

Real Simple Fail--Not What to Wear

The December issue of Real Simple had an article titled 'Never Wear The Wrong Thing Again' which promised to tell me what to wear to every December function.  Which still left me asking the the STP what would be appropriate apparel for cutting up a pig party.  (I choose an Eddie Bauer flannel with jeans and snow boots.)  I took two plates of thumbprint cookies to keep the experienced pig cutters from ridiculing my choice of dress.  I think I did alright on that one (no thanks to RS).  
Then later in the month of December I was left wondering what to wear to a children's Christmas program at the Mennonite school.  I choose a pair of dress slacks.  Not sure if that was appropriate or not. Seemed to me that there was simply no way I was blending in at that one.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Seems to me that you have proven that some December functions exist that Real Simple couldn't possibly imagine or anticipate. Good call on the cookies. Did you take some to the play too?

Miss Brenda said...

No. I can not compete with Mennonite cooks. Best not to try.