Sunday, December 01, 2013

How Sweet It Is--Cookie #3

The Sugar Cookie--Rolled, cut, baked frosted bits of yum.







Recipe I used:  This one:
Our first family vacation to New England was when the girls were 2,4, and 6 years old.  We drove in the little red Subaru through 8 states in 10 days.  We budgeted $5 each for souvenirs.  This, along with the dolphin shaped cookie cutter was my souvenir. Not sure I spent all of my $5 on it, but it was worth every penny.  This ended my search for the best sugar cookie recipe ever.
Why I made them:  Every year I plan to make these.  Most years I don't actually get around to it.  I had everything I needed in the house to make these.  No year of the cookie would be complete without them.
How they turned out:  Soft.  Sweet. Superb.  These are my favorite sugar delivery system ever.  I wish I had made them when the Goob and the STP were gone.  Then I would lock the doors, make myself a pot of hot chocolate, tune into the Hallmark channel, and eat the whole batch myself.
Who will really eat them:
Not the STP--still wheat flour :(
Me.
The Goob.
People at the fellowship dinner today.
The Goob's chemistry teacher.  I made a few periodic table sugar cookies.  No really I did.  It is not easy to spell things using the element abbreviations.  For some reason I can't remember right now, I tried anyway.
Hope this is worth some extra credit points.

**Note:  I did not take pictures of the ingredients.  If you don't know what sugar looks like, do not attempt to make these cookies.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

thank you for posting this recipe! i have some snowflake cookie cutters that are just dying to get used this year!