Sunday, December 22, 2013

Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles--Rich cinnamon sugar cookies, ideally soft in the middle, crispy on the outsides.  Probably German in origin.

Why I made them--Celebrating my German heritage. Tastes like Christmas at Grandma Weinzierl's house.  Makes the house smell good.  Needed a recipe that made a bunch.  Had some Cream of Tartar.

Recipe I used:  My Mom's.  And I doubled it.

Not much to say about these, except that they turned out great.  I followed the recipe exactly--no substitutions. 
They puffed up so nice.  With just the right amount of cracks.
Who ate them:
Me
The Goob.
Not the STP--sorry -- wheat flour
People at the Dodge City Bank open house
A couple of the Goob's teachers

I still have a half dozen of these in the freezer.  They are good if you breath into them to thaw them, and eat them while they are still on the cold side.

Ja, sehr lecker!

(Hopefully that means Yeah, very yummy!  Despite my German heritage, the only words I really know in German are for cottage cheese and dog turd.  I never said it was a rich German heritage.)
 

No comments: