Thursday, December 12, 2013

Speaking of Chocolate

Public service announcement.
Even though these look like little discs you could melt and dip things in to coat them in chocolate, these little things are made to melt.  Not to coat.  If you melt these and coat things with the melted chocolate you will have to eat them directly from the refrigerator.  Melts in your hand.  Not in your mouth.  
These little yummies look and melt similarly.  Except they set up nicely.  Designed for candy making and dipping.   Moral of the story:  read the bag.  Use appropriately.  
Appropriately used you could end up with this.  Not bad for my first attempt at replicating my Mom's crunch. 


3 comments:

Amanda said...

that crunch chocolate candy is my absolute favorite of all the candies that come in Gram's candy cans. send me some?

Minnie said...

yum-you did great job. Did you have Mom's crunch recipe?

Miss Brenda said...

Yep, Mom gave me the recipe.