Monday, December 02, 2013

Kisses 4 the STP


Peanut butter kisses--finally a gluten free cookie

Recipe I used:  this one from taste of home.  I originally got this recipe from my Aunt Louise, but it is easier to look it up online than sort through my recipes.   So simple that I should know it by heart. And, yes, there is no flour in this recipe.

Why I made them:  Kiss cookies look like Christmas.  On a plate of cookies there is always at least one with the kiss missing.  Stolen by a child who wasn't interested in eating the cookie.  Stealing the kiss is wrong.  But I always wanted to do it.  Plus this flourless version is gluten free without tasting gluten free.

How I changed the recipe:  I rolled the balls in sugar before I baked them.
Because it makes the cookie as appealing as the kiss. You know, less likely to have it's kiss plucked out and left kissless on the plate. 
I also experimented by using caramel kisses, which worked fine and reportedly tasted fine as well.

How they turned out:  Fine

Who ate them:  The Goob
The STP ( I put half a dozen in the freezer to tide the STP over until I bake another gluten free cookie)
Me
People at the fellowship dinner.

No comments: