Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Non-resolution update

A review of the 2013 non-resolution list reveals 10 items left undone.  (Three of which start with the word 'organize' so there was little hope for them from the beginning.)  In addition I am 15 pounds lighter than I was 12 months ago.   Definitely a win.
Here, then, is what remains on the list:

4.  Paint the kitchen.

16.  Eat 5 fruits/vegetables a day.
17.  Call my Mom and Dad once a week.
18.  Organize my recipes.
19.  Organize my addresses.
20.  Organize the photos.  (Bwah ha ha)

36.  Rewatch Ann of Green Gables.
37.  Go ice fishing at night.
38.  Tie some flies.

53.  Make a treacle tart

Some issues with the list:
1.  Some things were hard to be successful--such as taking my vitamin everyday.  I crossed this off because I took my vitamin almost everyday and I did it the whole year.
2.  Some things I did better at because they were on the list--such as calling my parents and eating more vegetables, even though I did not do it as often as I intended to.
3.  There is a flaw in the plan to list the number of things in relation to your age.  55 things in 2014?  I think not.
4.  What to do with the things still on the list?  Leave them there and add to them?  Leave just them on the list?  Not sure.

Going to give it some time and thought as to whether I will redo this for 2014, but am glad I did it in 2013.

No comments: